Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Living without Electricity and Library related news

I have to say that all of this Learn & Play technology seems really silly when I can't even turn on the kitchen light in my home! We have not had power since Sunday afternoon and are not projected to have any until Friday. Luckily it is very temperate this week so just having the windows open is livable. My husband grilled up some meat while I threw out all of our no longer frozen food stuffs. Gosh it was sad. I would say we lost 200 dollars worth of stuff. The worst thing was all my frozen garden veggies! I can NOT replace them. We will have to live on store bought this winter. Ugh. I do miss being able to watch TV in the evening when Jeff is sleepin and I really miss cooking in my kitchen. This is what I get for having an electric range I guess. We do have hot water and a laundromat down the street so don't worry we are clean if nothing else! Not impressed by Library related news blogs.

No comments: